- Credit where credit is due. The folks over at Twitter are making a heroic effort to keep the lights on long enough that Donald Trump can complete his mission to usher in the dark reign of Hillary Clinton.
- Southern phrase of the day – “Like a scalded squirrel in a mop bucket.”
- Irish Woman learned this week that a chocolate donut shoved into your mouth by an old friend helps a lot when you are weeping in the checkout at the grocery store.
- 2016 needs to just end, and soon.
- The good news is that I figured out why the numbers given to me by one of my applications made no sense to me.
- The bad news is that the reason the numbers didn’t make sense to me is that I didn’t understand how the application was coming up with them. Once I touched the monolith, I saw their wisdom.
- The really bad news is that this means I have to rip out a couple days worth of work and re-do it.
- Breakfast conversation the other day included the words “Trumpism,” “panspermia,” and “teets on a boar hog.” Not sure what to make of that.
- The rough, and I mean rough, draft of the second Minivandians book is complete.
- Trouble is, it’s long. As in “How in the name of all that is holy did I get so many words into one document?” long.
- Even if I take a pruning hook to it, it’s too much. The solution, of course, is to break it up.
- I’m going to cut it into three chunks. Each chunk will contain a novella and a few short stories.
- I plan to publish the first chunk as an ebook on Amazon in December. I’m giving it a read through and improvement pass now, and hope to have it out to alpha readers next week.
- After that, the other two chunks will come out every six to eight weeks, with a final “Holy crap is that thing long!” collection edition in ebook and printed versions in the spring. By then, I should have a couple new short stories to add to it.
- Research for the second Via Serica novel continues. I finally found a source that discusses the necessary time and place for more than a page and a half.
Posted by daddybear71 on October 18, 2016