- I was worried, when Boo got dressed up in a Harry Potter robe and a pair of black, round glasses, that he’d look like a dork when we went to a gathering of all things Hogwarts at the Louisville library. I mean, a young boy could be damaged by sticking out in such a manner.
- Silly me. I can’t imagine what I was thinking. I was the weird one in the crowd for wearing a tee-shirt which had nothing to do with the young Mr. Potter.
- I noticed that the vast majority of people were there in support of Gryffendor. There was a sizable minority wearing the colors and coat of arms for Slytherin. There were even a few Ravenclaws, but not a single Hufflepuff.
- For some reason, I did not find this odd.
- I was never so proud of Boo when he found out that the “Potions Room” was making custom colored sugar mixes and said, “Let’s get out of here!”
- A fun time was had by all, and I think Boo liked giving his sister her ‘howler‘ letter the next morning as much as he did making it.
- We got our copy of the new Harry Potter book today, and I was a little disappointed to find that it’s not a novelization of a script. It is, rather, the script to the new stage play itself.
- I’ll probably be able to muddle (muggle?) through it, but I don’t see Boo being able to make much out of it at his reading level.
- If it’s as dark and bloody-minded as the last couple of novels, then we have a few years for him to grow into it.
- It’s not often that I can use the same book as a source for the next Romans book and the World War I blog project, but this one does the trick quite well.
Posted by daddybear71 on August 1, 2016