- Today, our family took part in that most holy of Catholic traditions – the parish picnic.
- Irish Woman made three cakes for the cake booth – a lemon cake with raspberry sauce, a dark chocolate cake with cherry sauce, and a yellow cake with bourbon-caramel fudge icing and pecans.
- Somebody apparently liked the looks of the yellow cake, because it got bought up before the picnic even began.
- I worked the “Frogger” booth, in which a plastic frog is placed on the downhill side of a small teeter-totter, and children whack at the uphill side with a padded mallet. A prize is won if they can get the frog into a bucket a few feet away.
- I had more close calls with head and hand wounds in four hours than I ever did in the Army.
- I may have to check with the Air Force, but I’m pretty sure some of the older kids put frogs into low earth orbit.
- After listening to hours of…. music played over the public address system, I can now tell all of you the following is true:
- If there’s a problem, I won’t solve it.
- Billie Jean is a gold-digging ho.
- It is quite all right to stop believing
- I do not wish to watch anyone whip, let alone nay-nay.
- If I ever find this Macarena chick, I’m going to be on the local news with someone saying “He was always such a nice, quiet guy.”
- If everything in your life is blue, you need to go outside more often.
Posted by daddybear71 on July 17, 2016