- Apparently a fun time was had by all at the dance. Girlie Bear and the young man who accompanied her both seemed quite whooped when I picked them up.
- Getting up at 6 AM was rather difficult for Girlie Bear this morning. Hopefully she learns at an early age she can’t rise and shine if she’s out to all hours of the night.
- I began construction of the new bathroom closet this afternoon.
- I’m about halfway done in constructing components.
- I hope to be at the “trim and paint” stage by next weekend.
- Ran out of time, light, and lumber. Oh well, I had to go to the lumber yard anyway.
- Going to a pet store in a bad neighborhood is not worth the time saved by lining up errands with the trip across town to take Girlie Bear to visit her mother.
- Holding a 40 pound bag of dog food in my left hand while walking to my truck so that my right hand is free for emergencies means I shouldn’t have gone there to buy dog food in the first place.
- For breakfast this morning, Irish Woman made biscuits and gravy with hash browns. Dinner was chicken and dumplings. Dessert was yellow cake with homemade caramel fudge icing.
- I think she’s trying to fatten me up for the kill.
- I will, however, die happy.
- Temperatures this weekend were about 60 degrees. The weatherlady is saying it’s supposed to be in the teens in the next couple of days. My bones say she’s right.
- Every time I move, it sounds like someone stepping on a bag of corn flakes.
- Irish Woman explained her plans for the garden to me today. Looks like I’m building more beds and digging out more clay.
- Oh well, at least she told me in January. Last year I got the briefing in April.
Thoughts on the Weekend
Posted by daddybear71 on January 21, 2013