- It may have been very frustrating, but there was also a bit of joy in telling a vendor “I did what you said would fix the problem, and it’s still happening. What else you got?”.
- Hint to vendors: “Ummmm, download all the logs, copy the entire operating system into a compressed archive file, and upload all of that to our website.” is not a step in the right direction the third time I do it.
- I need to remember to take my lunch to work.
- It’s 20 minutes one way to my car and another 10 minutes to any restaurant, so going out for a one hour lunch break is kind of silly.
- Microwave popcorn, cheese and peanut butter crackers, and a sports drink aren’t exactly filling and nutritious.
- Irish Woman and I ‘compromised’ on her ‘vision’ for the bathroom closet.
- Irish Woman had a ‘vision’, and we all know that when Irish women start having visions, things start crawling out of a portal to hell.
- By ‘compromised’, I mean that I demonstrated that what she wanted done was not possible while living under the laws of physics in this universe, and she accepted that I’m a big meanie who never lets her do a project on her own and I can just do it the way I want it.
- OK, that was unfair. We compromised by finding a happy medium. She agreed to be rational and admit that I am not a master craftsman, that I do not have a staff of talented people to do the job with me, and that our outbuilding is not full of exotic hardwood lumber and a wood shop. I agreed that her basic needs needed to be met, and that I couldn’t make it look like something Soviet engineers would have built in the 1930’s.
- I have now bent her vision to fit on graph paper with measurements and lumber. Hopefully I’m in the ball park.
- Preparations are feverishly underway for Girlie Bear’s dance tomorrow night.
- Think “Keystone Cops”, but with more nail polish.
Thoughts on the Day
Posted by daddybear71 on January 19, 2013