- Kathy Jackson makes a good point: it’s not about exacting justice from the other party or whether they deserve your reaction to an attack, it’s about staying alive and going home. She makes an even better one about the necessity of actually carrying your gun, getting training with your gun, and practicing with your gun if you expect to use it for defense.
- Chris at Lucky Gunner does a good write-up of the CZ-83 and CZ-82 for carry and defense.
- Mama, they’re putting Windows into my beloved B-52. That’s right, our aging fleet of nuclear bombers will require monthly patching. Curtis LeMay, help us!
- New Jovian Thunderbolt gives a good break down of the pro’s and cons of the pro’s and anti’s.
- Brigid is taking over temporary custody of the EPostal matches. This one looks like a lot of fun, and it just so happens that I’m going to the range next Saturday. I’ll have to take a long a few of those targets. In a related note, please join me in wishing Mr. Completely, who has been doing these matches for years, a swift recovery.
- Holly Chism has published her new book, and I heartily recommend it. I was lucky enough to be a beta reader for this one, and it’s a great read. Expect a review in the next few days.
- Jay recently experienced one of the worst feelings a parent can have. I’ve been there, and it sucks. I’m glad to hear that his daughter was just out having an adventure.
- OldNFO gives us some good statistics about the people who fought and died in the Vietnam War.
Posted by daddybear71 on June 5, 2014