- From the “Bug, Feature, Whatever” Department – The AFL-CIO, one of the largest unions in the United States and varsity cheerleader for Obamacare when it was wending its way through the midnight backrooms of Congress, has figured out that the Affordable Care Act will make their cherished union health plans too expensive. Their fear is that eventually unions and employers will eventually be forced to abandon them, which begs the question of whether or not a union does much for its rank and file when the most important benefit goes away. I guess they believed all of the talk about golden band-aids and free botox delivered by Nancy Pelosi’s Air Force weekend ride. You know, I can’t remember a time when large unions were publicly criticizing something so near and dear to a Democrat president’s heart. Here’s hoping that their lapdogs in Congress start to listen to their union constituents instead of kissing the Presidential ring every time someone brings up reform or repeal of Obamacare.
- From the “Coverup Is Such A Dirty Word” Department – The CIA has graciously deigned to make its employees, who were present at the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, available to testify to Congress. I, and I feel that I speak for a vast majority of Americans here, feel absolutely blessed that the CIA has chosen to indulge our representatives after a year of stonewalling and delay. How childish I must have been when I believed that the oath of office gave a Congressman or Senator ‘need to know’ and that the executive branch had a duty to answer to the oversight of Congress in a timely and professional manner. I look forward to a new era of cooperation where President Obama’s cho-gi boys grace us with their attention after obstructing inquiries for a full calendar year.
- From the “Antoinette” Department – Michelle Obama has descended from her shining house on the hill and proclaimed that the American public needs to drink more water. You see, she has discovered that drinking water is a healthy thing to do, and we plebs have been polluting the purity and essence of our natural fluids for too long. It’s so nice to know that the woman who by accident of history is married to a temporary government worker can give me nutritional advice. I’m so glad that she has taken time out of her busy schedule of….. well whatever it is that she does to justify a large staff at taxpayer expense to tell me that I need to drink more water. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off for a cup of coffee.
- From the “Chilling” Department – Anyone remember the jackass who was burning Korans a few years ago as a publicity stunt? Apparently he was trying to turn the shock value up to 11 yesterday when he stuffed a towable barbecue grill full of Korans and kerosene, and was planning on setting them alight after he drove them over to a venue. That’s when local law enforcement swooped in and arrested him for “unlawful conveyance of fuel”. Now, I don’t agree with what he has done in the past and what he was planning on doing yesterday. Honestly, it sickens me. But using an excuse to arrest him so as to prevent him from doing what is, as far as I can tell, a constitutionally protected act is out of line. Yes, he’s a jackass. Yes, it’s offensive. And yes, I wish he wouldn’t do it. But you know, that’s the compromise of freedom. You have to accept that people are going to do things that offend you and piss you off if you want to be able to do the things you want to do. So long as he owned the Korans and didn’t harm anyone else, his acts should not have been interfered with. He may be a jackass, but he’s a constitutionally protected jackass. If my cross can be dunked in urine and called protected art or my flag can be burned in the street and be protected political speech, then the government shouldn’t be interfering with him doing his own despicable spiel.
- From the “Poor Planning” Department – Speaking of jackasses, my latest “Dumbass of the Day” award goes to the leadership of the fire department at Boston’s Logan airport. Yesterday, which for those without a calendar was the 12th anniversary of 9/11, someone thought it would be a grand idea to hold a fire drill, complete with real fires and smoke. As you can imagine, it didn’t go over well with those traveling yesterday. One would have thought that someone would have noticed the date during the planning process and decided to put off that particular activity.
Posted by daddybear71 on September 12, 2013