- It seems quite fitting that a man who had a great passion for sports was laid to rest today within earshot of a children’s sports field.
- I hope that it doesn’t take another funeral or wedding to get Irish Woman’s family together again.
- She met family this weekend that she had never met before, even though they were close to her mother.
- I have decided that I do not care for modern church music.
- I prefer the old standards, sung in the way that the author meant for them to be done.
- I also prefer my scripture read, not sung.
- The same goes for my prayers, unless it’s in Latin.
- Reading a couple of books on Roman culture and then seeing the rites of a Catholic mass up close reminds you just how much the Church has borrowed from Roma Invicto.
- I think I’m going to have to go to church more. When my time comes, I want the priest to know more about me than what Irish Woman or Girlie Bear tells him.
- Finding the root cause of a problem you’ve been messing with for the better part of two months is a wonderful thing.
- Always encourage people to follow hunches when they’re troubleshooting a weird problem.
- I came home tonight to one of my favorite meals. Granted, I was 3 hours late for dinner, but baked pasta in marinara sauce and cheese tastes better warmed up anyway.
- I was informed by at least five people that if Boo goes to Catholic school, I will have several coaches for the various sports talking to me by the time he’s in 6th grade.
- I hope he has more ability than I do. I’m lucky if I know which end of the football bat is which.
- I really ought to go wake up Irish Woman and get her into bed, but she looks so comfortable in the recliner and it’s the first deep sleep she’s had in days.
- She’ll forgive me for covering her up and leaving her in peace.
Thoughts on the Day
Posted by daddybear71 on February 25, 2013