- Dinner last night was made-from-scratch chicken hunter’s stew over egg noodles.
- Dessert was homemade made-from-scratch cheesecake with homemade strawberry sauce.
- Girlie Bear ate like the antidote was in it.
- Boo turned his nose up at it because it wasn’t pizza.
- A nagging cough and fatigue decided that I didn’t need to go to Knob Creek for the Day of Resistance rally today.
- Did anyone go? How was it?
- Ladies, when your loving husband buys you a piece of technology that has many accessories available, it is uncool to immediately rob him of the opportunity to buy them as presents by immediately ordering as many of them as you can.
- The quarterly official pictures of the kids were finished today when we were joined by Little Bear. The next cycle will start again in 3 weeks.
- When my grandchildren ask what their mother or father looked like as children, I’ll be able to say “Which week?”.
- With all the talk about what a woman should do when it comes to rape, I guess it’s time to have another talk with the kids on the subject.
- The crux of it will be “It’s better to be covered in their brains and blood than in your own vomit and excrement.”
- Also need to have the “No means No” talk with them.
- My ambitions for the day were cut short after the trip to get Little Bear and a trip to the hardware store. After that, I just wanted to take my shoes off, kick back in my chair, and read quietly.
- I have it on good authority that Boo’s life ambition is to be a pirate Jedi super hero. I believe that one of the local universities actually has a degree program that supports that.
- Somewhere in this house is a pair of bifocal glasses, sized to fit on the huge melon of a Norwegian-mix cave troll.
- A cookie will be presented to the lucky person who finds them, with bonus cookies given for the speed in which they are found, up to a total of a dozen.
- My spare set is scratched so badly that I see better without them.
- The mitre saw finally died.
- Decided to upgrade from Black & Decker to Dewalt.
- It’s already been broken in as Irish Woman is making more shelves for the bathroom.
- Note to self – Labrador Retrievers like the taste of small blueberry bushes.
- One more project – Construct fence around blueberry bushes. – Do immediately.
- I either need to stop reading anti-gun websites and news articles, or I need to do more heart-healthy exercises so that I don’t blow an aorta or something.
Thoughts on the Day
Posted by daddybear71 on February 23, 2013