- It’s a sad state of affairs when you go to work before the doughnut shops are open.
- In related news, I’m out of decent coffee at the house.
- No, I’m not going to cut into my end-of-the-world stocks. This is a mess-up in grocery shopping, not the apocalypse.
- Being organized and efficient only helps if you use correct information. If you use incorrect information, being efficient and organized just means that you dig a hole that much quicker.
- Schadenfreude – The feeling you get when someone complains about having to do the really crappy thing that you told them they would have to do, but they discounted your advice and planned to do something else.
- Why must kindergarten teachers be so bloody cheerful on a Saturday morning?
- Today at the latest kindergarten preparatory meeting, we were told that Boo’s new school does not use the traditional methods for grouping children for learning.
- Apparently they’ve taken the prudent step of not roping the children into set study groups for each subject for the entire year, and try to tailor who works on what with whom based on everyone’s needs.
- When I was in kindergarten, we were all grouped together and organized by height and viciousness.
- It was a simple system, and worked for most kids, but heaven help you if you were short or easy-going.
- If we have one more orientation meeting for kindergarten, we will have officially done more planning for Boo’s move to a new school than I did for most of my deployments.
- I found the reason that the bathtub has been draining so slowly and the washing machine has been making those picturesque waterfalls in the basement.
- I won’t go into the gory details, but let’s just say that I’ve seen field mice without that much heft.
- Nap – A word used by another member of the family to describe what they want you to do while they use a power saw and a nail gun in the next room.
- Irish Woman and I are so romantic.
- I asked her if she wanted jewelry, flowers, or chocolate covered fruit for Valentines.
- She asked if I wanted alcohol, ammunition, or a new knife.
- She completes me.
Thoughts on the Day
Posted by daddybear71 on February 9, 2013