- It was very nice to finally meet Freiheit and his family today. I must get the recipe for his wife’s cake.
- Notes for the NFL:
- The children from Sandy Hook Elementary did indeed sing very beautifully. It was good to see that the tragedy they lived through doesn’t keep them from being used to score cheap political points.
- Jennifer Hudson did the best Ray Charles impression I’ve ever heard. Well done.
- Alicia Keys gets an 80 on her rendition of “The Star Spangled Banner”. She didn’t appear to lip synch, she seemed to be accompanying herself on the piano, and she hit the notes. If she could have made it not sound like cool jazz at the end, I’d have scored her higher.
- I can’t say I’m sad I missed Beyonce performing during half time.
- Did anyone perform at the Super Bowl that hasn’t supported President Obama?
- I saw approximately 8 minutes of the Superbowl tonight before it was time to go in to work for a couple of hours.
- I walked back in the door about a minute after the end of the game.
- No, I don’t own a DVR.
- I normally double the amount of time I think I need for a task when I’m doing my planning. I think that may be too conservative.
- The local news just showed an employee of my indoor range speaking in support of universal background checks. I’ve reached out to their management to see if that is indeed their position on the new gun control issues.
- I hope that this was just someone popping off. The person they spoke to is not the owner or his wife, and to be honest, I didn’t recognize him.
- I’ll name names once I hear from their management.
Thoughts on the Day
Posted by daddybear71 on February 4, 2013