- Last night I dreamed about a “Greg The Bunny”/”Firefly” mashup. It was pretty awesome.
- I woke up at 3:50 AM, 5 minutes before the tornado siren a block from the house went off.
- By 4:30 AM, the kids were in the basement, along with all of our things we needed, and Irish Woman and I were upstairs speculating on the odds of the worst part of the storm making it to hour house.
- The difference in our marriage:
- By 5 AM, Irish Woman was in the kitchen making pancakes and eggs for breakfast, because people get hungry.
- By 5 AM, I was unconscious on the couch, because hey, it’s a good time to be asleep.
- Today I found myself getting irritated with computers who did what I told them to do, not what I meant for them to do.
- By the time my latest project plan actually gets to implementation, it’s going to be so shot to hell that it’ll form paper dolls if I unstaple it.
- Sequence for the commute home tonight:
- Almost make it to my car before it starts to rain.
- Drive though rain for about 15 minutes
- Break through the rain and get ahead of the storm for 5 minutes
- Hit a traffic snarl, sit in traffic for 10 minutes, get overtaken by the storm
- Get though traffic, speed through storms edge for 5 minutes, take off ramp from freeway.
- Wait 5 minutes to make right turn off of freeway. Get overtaken by storm.
- Get rained on by the storm for rest of drive home
- Get home just in time to walk through the same rainstorm I almost beat when going out in the first place.
- I will never understand why some people get offended when you ask them a direct, job-related question instead of dancing around a subject that they don’t want to confront.
Thoughts on the Day
Posted by daddybear71 on January 30, 2013