- For those who think that the government will be able to track every firearm in the country through registration, please answer me this: The government has a hard time keeping track of a few hundred thousand human beings, such as foster kids and parolees, that are supposed to be under its supervision and that the majority of society wants to be properly tracked. What makes you think they’ll be able to track 100 million firearms, when a majority of our society don’t want them to do it and will actively try to resist their efforts?
- Irish Woman went to the school, which Boo will be attending next fall, today. It was supposed to be a “meet the teachers” visit, but it included a rather long talk about security at the school. Apparently the school has a pretty sophisticated lockdown system with steel security doors, and they are participating in some sort of program with the state police to check out their other security measures.
- I’m working on doing peer-level performance reviews right now. I need politically correct ways of saying the following:
- Dumber than a bag of hammers
- Useless as tits on a boar hog
- Couldn’t lead wild dogs to raw meat
- Doesn’t produce enough to justify the oxygen wasted
- Shouldn’t be trusted with live ammunition or a root login
- Walks on water and talks to God
- The only reason our company is profitable
- Not paid nearly enough for her efforts
- Note to self on home improvement projects:
- Do not leave the compound mitre saw out in the rain overnight. I hope it works after a few days in front of the dehumidifier.
- I swear I do not hide the tools so that my lovely and oh so forgiving wife cannot do work when I’m not home.
- The tools she was looking for have been under the passenger seat of my truck since the summer, honest.
- If I haven’t used a tool in 5 years, it’s not my fault if I can’t remember its exact position at the moment.
- There are no true 90 degree corners in this house.
- It is better to have to cut off an extra 1/4 inch than to have to make a trip to the lumber yard.
- Home improvement projects should not lead to trips to the emergency room or several sessions of intense marriage counseling.
- I’ve never been so happy to see someone get outbid on EBay than tonight when Irish Woman lost out at the last minute on a 1954 Kotex vending machine. No, I do not know what she planned on doing with it.
Posted by daddybear71 on January 28, 2013