- Apparently the list of major players who plan on attending the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show is dwindling by the day. I wonder what they’ll do when the hall is almost empty and no-one is buying tickets?
- Outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton apparently lost a little of her normally placid public demeanor today when she finally dragged her bloated carcass across the threshold to the Senate Foreign Relations committee’s chamber.
- Here’s a hint, Mrs. Clinton – it matters what happened, even at this late date, because you and your boss are either evil or incompetent. If you’re evil, you knew that an attack was imminent and withheld security forces, thereby feeding our ambassador to a mob, then blamed an American citizen for the actions of a bunch of 12th century goat pimps. If you’re incompetent, then you should have known that something was up, mostly due to Ambassador Stevens telling you that something was about to happen, and did nothing out of willful ignorance, then thought that some idjit’s bad YouTube was to blame and that we’d all buy that story. So which is it?
- You know how I predicted that the 2016 presidential campaign would start soon after the end of the 2012 election? I think today was the opening kickoff. Mrs. Clinton has got to have her eye on that prize, and tried to look professional and compassionate while berating Republican Senators for doing their job. The way that Rand Paul went after her and talked about how he would have canned her loathsome behind had he been in charge leads me to believe that he is giving serious thought to 2016.
- Tonight, I found that one cannot use a 10 inch long cordless drill with a 3 inch long screwdriver attachment on it to screw in 3 inch screws in an 8 inch area. Oh well, I now have an excuse to buy a pocket electric screwdriver.
- It is amazing how quickly the list of possible root causes for a problem starts to shorten when you convince your co-workers that repeatedly attempting to do the thing that is failing without changing anything is not going to help you find out what the problem is.
- I swear, I must spend half of my recreational time walking around the house turning off lights.
- After looking at the local stores and the on-line retailers this evening, I’m really glad I bought all that .22 last summer.
- I have been advised that I should not teach Boo to recite Monte Python routines. I never get to have any fun.
- I am this close to offering to store ammunition, magazines, and weapons for people in occupied states so that they don’t have to sell them off or turn them in while the NRA and SAF work their cases through the courts.
Posted by daddybear71 on January 23, 2013