- The new washer is in.
- It’s not fancy, but it does the job.
- I am absolutely amazed at the amount of laundry we pile up in just a few days.
- I am going to hunt down the guy who plumbed this house and hurt him.
- On the bright side, I now know that the floor of my laundry room tilts away from the old sump pump but toward the new one.
- I have permission to replumb the house with either copper or PEX. I think that will be the next big project after the bathroom is done.
- I was supposed to work from home today, but after spending hours spent unhooking the old washer, assisting the delivery guys, hooking up the new washer, running across the basement to shut off the main water valve for the house, fixing the leaking cold water pipe to the washer, finishing hooking up the washer, turning on the water to the house after saying a prayer, and then doing a test load of wash while standing in the basement to make sure nothing else burst out in frigid water, I just wasn’t feeling it.
- I have been extending invitations to relocate to Kentucky to everyone in occupied territory that I can find. I think some of them might even be considering it.
- Dinner tonight was scrambled eggs with ham, onions, mushrooms, and cheese. This was accompanied by fresh biscuits with Irish Woman’s homemade strawberry margarita jam and sliced fruit.
- Breakfast for dinner just sounded good.
- I did, however, forget to make coffee.
- Everyone is safe.
- Overheard at the dinner table – “Kids, if anyone ever asks you if we have guns in our house, the correct answer is “None of your damn business!” and I promise you will not be punished for saying it.”
- Sent another round of emails off to my Senators and Representative. Tomorrow I call their offices to express my opinion and ask them to oppose the new anti-gun legislation.
- Delta Force has nothing on my dogs when they are getting into position to steal popcorn from Boo.
Thoughts on the Day
Posted by daddybear71 on January 16, 2013