Winter is indeed upon us, and the white death from the sky is making your roads…. interesting to drive on. Please remember these things as you get in your go-go-mobile in the next few days:
- You are not any of the following people:
- Jeff Gordon
- Dale Earnhardt, Junior or Senior
- Bo Duke
- Luke Duke
- Daisy Duke
- Your SUV is not a snowmobile
- Neither is your motorcycle
- When the road is dry, that means you can go at speeds approaching the speed limit
- When the road is wet, white, or shiny, that means you should slow the heck down.
- I don’t care if your car was built like a tank by Swedish craftsmen. It’s still sucks on snow and you don’t know how to drive it.
- Pedestrians, ambulances, fire trucks, nuns, puppies, unicorns, and snow plows still have the right of way.
- Salt does precisely diddly over squat below a certain temperature. Guess how cold it’s going to get tonight?
Paying heed to these simple facts will keep your car out of the ditch and my foot out of your ass. In closing, I hope you stay safe, stay warm, and stay home.